Translate

Saturday 30 November 2013

FEMALE VOICES

The voice of a music band is an essential part of the group giving a unique personality to it. Although I am always been aware that the voice is just one instrument more of the band, it is the only one which carries words with it. The voice of a band gives a message to the public and uses their own tone and unique style.

I have been listening to male voices bands for many years; great bands with really talented lead singer or songwriters.  But not long ago I started to listen female voices bands a lot, I think it was after I discovered Amy Winehouse who for me was not only a great musician, she brought back quality music from the past like for example soul. She left the door opens for many others new artists. It seems that female voices have resurrected on music and I seriously cannot stop listening to them.


Here I left a list of some of them, just great!

IMELDA MAY: pure rockabilly

THE EXCITEMENTS: 
This guys are form Barcelona, they sound soooo good!

VALERIE JUNE:  my lastest discovery

THE SWEET VANDALS: a bit of funky


ALABAMA SHAKES: powerful!


1 comment: