Translate

Friday 11 January 2013

SNOW WHITE


The nominations for the Oscar 2013 are out!! I found some satisfying surprises as the nominations for Tarantino‘s and Haneke's movies, Adele's song or Robert de Niro; and other not quite good for example the fact that the Spanish movie Blancanieves did not have a nomination for Best Foreign Language Film.


I have not had the pleasure to see the abstract version of the famous story by Pablo Berger, but just seeing the trailer and reading the reviews I cannot wait to see it in a big screen.



There had been three movies based on the German fairy tale by the Brothers Grimm in 2012: Mirror Mirror, Snow White and the Huntsman and Blancanieves; each of them with a different style. I have a special feeling with the Disney version of Snow White mainly because it was my first VHS tape I purchased and I remember watching it loads of times.
To end this post just to mention that the nominations for the Spanish film awards called Goyas are also out and Blancanieves has 18 nominations. I imagine it will win more than one but to tell you the truth the simple fact of doing a silent movie in the 21st century (like The Artist) deserves more than just awards. 

1 comment: